Print This Page

If I have all my estate planning and long term care documents from another state, do I have to have them redone in Florida?

I would suggest that if you have documents from another state that you have them reviewed by an estate planning attorney in the state of Florida to determine if they are valid here. If they are validly executed in that other state then they are enforceable here. However, things may have changed. For example, maybe you have minor children when you prepared your previous documents and now you have adult children, or maybe you have grandchildren that you want to provide for. The other thing to look at is Medicaid laws are different in each state and maybe you want to have that addressed when you are reviewing your documents to determine if they are going to be effective for you in the state of Florida.