- Elder & Estate Planning Attorneys, PA. Attorneys and Counselors at Law - https://elderlawyersfl.com -

How do I get a special needs trust in my will for the benefit of a disabled person?

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_custom_heading source=”post_title” font_container=”tag:h1|text_align:center” use_theme_fonts=”yes”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc3FyeCkCTY”][vc_empty_space][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]In a will you’re going to plan for a testamentary special needs trust which is funded at your death. This special needs trust then is approved through the prorate process for the benefit of the special needs, disabled person and it is a process by which in a spousal situation the only way you can do it to preserve the benefits that a person is receiving through Medicaid. It’s important to plan in the will for a disabled person through a special needs trust.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]