- Elder & Estate Planning Attorneys, PA. Attorneys and Counselors at Law - https://elderlawyersfl.com -

Can I use my will to name a guardian to care for my young children and manage their property?

[vc_row][vc_column][vc_custom_heading source=”post_title” font_container=”tag:h1|text_align:center” use_theme_fonts=”yes”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmZW7kXu8zY”][vc_empty_space][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]You can name a guardian in your will to assist for the care of a child or children upon your passing and that guardian can have control over particular assets that you then distribute to that person for the care of your minor children. If you’re divorced or you’re a single parent, and the natural parent of that child that you’re trying to plan for is still alive, that natural parent has priority to be the guardian, to be the natural guardian of that child upon your passing, so in a divorce situation or a single parent situation, you may not be able to ultimately control the guardian, but you can for sure control the assets that you want to be used for the benefit of the children upon your passing through the use of a named guardian in your will.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]